GRASONVILLE, Md. – Freshman Tyler Hahn (Avon, Conn.) finished tied for fourth overall in a field of 93 at this weekend's Towson Invitational, leading the way for the Bryant University men's golf team in its third tournament of the spring.
Hahn followed Saturday's first-round 70 with a 76 Sunday for the fourth-place tie. Junior Matthew Stafford (Suffield, Conn.) shot a 73 Sunday for a top-25 finish. Bryant finished 10th out of the 17 competing teams.
Tournament: Towson Invitational
Course: Prospect Bay Country Club (Grasonville, Md.) | Par 72 (6,624 yards)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Stafford started strong with birdies on 2 and 5 and used his 2-under start to put together one of the top 10 rounds on the day.
- Hahn was 2-over on both the front and back nine.
- Senior Ryan Brown (Bedford, N.H.) birdied five holes on the day, including 17 and 18.
- Youngstown State, Sacred Heart and Towson finished in a three-way tie for first with the Penguins taking home the team title on a tiebreaker. Sacred Heart's Saptak Talwar was the individual medalist.
1. Youngstown State 287-301-588
2. Sacred Heart 295-293-588
3. Towson 303-285-588
t4. Canisius 296-301-597
t4. LIU Brooklyn 294-303-597
6. Robert Morris 305-293-598
7. Fairleigh Dickinson 308-294-602
t8. Fairfield 295-308-603
t8. Mount St. Mary's 303-300-603
10. Bryant 300-305-605
11. Hofstra 305-306-611
12. Saint Francis U 313-304-617
13. Towson B 315-303-618
14. Manhattan 313-308-621
15. North Carolina A&T 323-305-628
16. Goucher 326-308-634
17. Saint Anselm 329-315-644
^ Playing as individual
Bryant will play a one-day event Saturday in Montclair, New Jersey, when the Bulldogs take part in the Columbia Invitational.