DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The Bryant University men's golf team aims for its third Northeast Conference title in the last six seasons when the Bulldogs take part in the NEC Championship Friday through Sunday at LPGA International.
Tournament: Northeast Conference Championship
Course: LPGA International – Hills Course (Daytona Beach, Fla.) | Par 72 (6,594 yards)
Teams: Bryant, Fairleigh Dickinson, LIU Brooklyn, Mount St. Mary's, Robert Morris, Sacred Heart St. Francis Brooklyn, Saint Francis U, Wagner
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- The Bulldogs will send the quintet of senior Ryan Brown (Bedford, N.H.), juniors Connor Henderson (Southborough, Mass.) and Matthew Stafford (Suffield, Conn.), sophomore Nick Piersall (Portland, Conn.) and freshman Tyler Hahn (Avon, Conn.) to Florida.
- Bryant was last in action Monday and Tuesday at the Rhode Island Invitational with the Bulldogs' A team placing second of the six in action.
- Stafford placed eighth and Henderson finished ninth in the 54-hole tournament at Quidnessett Country Club in North Kingstown.
- Junior Payton Kim (Palatine, Ill.) led the Bulldogs with a seventh-place finish at Quidnessett while playing on Bryant's B team.
- Hahn and Stafford lead Bryant with 75.8 scoring averages on the year.
- Bryant won Northeast Conference titles in 2014 and 2017. Brown competed on the 2017 team that won the Bulldogs' most recent championship.