DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Junior Connor Henderson (Southborough, Mass.) carded a 73 to move into the top 10 in the field as the Bryant University golf team kept pace with the leaders on the second day of the Northeast Conference Championship at LPGA International.
Junior Matthew Stafford (Suffield, Conn.) shot a 74 for the second-straight day. Stafford is tied for fourth and Henderson stands ninth through 36 holes.
Bryant is eight strokes back of the first-place tie between Robert Morris and Sacred Heart entering Sunday's final round.
Tournament: Northeast Conference Championship
Course: LPGA International – Hills Course (Daytona Beach, Fla.) | Par 72 (6,801 yards)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Henderson was 2-under on the back nine with birdies on 15 and 17.
- Stafford recorded four birdies on the afternoon and was even on the back nine.
- Junior Ryan Brown (Bedford, N.H.) shot a 77 for the second-straight day and is tied for 13th.
- Freshman Tyler Hahn (Avon, Conn.) carded a 77 to stand tied for 16th.
- Sophomore Nick Piersall (Portland, Conn.) recorded a 77 and is 27th in the field.
t1. Robert Morris 300-301-601
t1. Sacred Heart 302-299-601
3. Bryant 308-301-609
4. Saint Francis U 314-303-617
5. Fairleigh Dickinson 316-305-621
6. Mount St. Mary's 315-307-622
7. LIU Brooklyn 317-313-630
8. St. Francis Brooklyn 324-324-648
9. Wagner 314-338-652
The final round of the Northeast Conference Championship will be played Sunday at LPGA International. Piersall will be the first Bulldog to tee off at 8:30 a.m.