DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – Sophomore Nick Piersall (Portland, Conn.) shot a 4-under 68 and senior Ryan Brown (Bedford, N.H.) was at even-par for the day as the Bryant University golf team climbed to a second-place finish at the Northeast Conference Championship Sunday at LPGA International.
Bryant finished six strokes behind conference champion Robert Morris. Fairleigh Dickinson's Florian Schroedl earned individual medalist honors.
Tournament: Northeast Conference Championship
Course: LPGA International – Hills Course (Daytona Beach, Fla.) | Par 72 (6,801 yards)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Piersall's 68 was tied for the best round of the day. The sophomore was even through 10 before birdieing the next four holes. His birdie on 18 to close the tournament helped him rise from 27th to sixth on the final day of the weekend.
- Brown was 4-under through 11 and birdied two of the four par-5s on the Hills Course.
- Henderson shot a 77 and Stafford carded a 78 in the final round.
- Freshman Tyler Hahn (Avon, Conn.) recorded an 82 in the final round of his first NEC Championship.
- Bryant returns four of the five players who competed in this year's NEC Championship.
- The Bulldogs finished in the top two for the fifth time in the last six seasons.
1. Robert Morris 300-301-297-898
2. Bryant 308-301-295-904
3. Sacred Heart 302-299-315-916
4. Fairleigh Dickinson 316-305-299-920
5. LIU Brooklyn 317-313-291-920
6. Saint Francis U 314-303-307-924
7. Mount St. Mary's 315-307-306-928
8. St. Francis Brooklyn 324-324-317-965
9. Wagner 314-338-317-969