HANOVER, N.H. – The Bryant University men's golf team finished 10th with a 15-over par 583 at the Dartmouth Invitational. The Bulldogs were led by senior Connor Henderson's (Southborough, Mass.) tie for 10th place finish at the Hanover Country Club.
Henderson recorded three birdies en route to a 1-over par round of 72, while junior Nick Piersall (Portland, Conn.) shot a 2-over par 73 with a trio of birdies on his day.
Course: Hanover Country Club (Hanover, N.H.)
Par 71 (6,472 yards)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Henderson finished both the front and back nine 1-over par; recording one birdy on the front and two on the back. His 1-over par 72 was good for a tie for 10th place finish after a two-round total of 2-under par 140.
- Piersall registered another consistent tournament, finishing both rounds with a 2-over par 73, giving him a two-round total of 4-over par 146. His consistency landed him in a tie for 32nd place overall.
- Freshman Jonah Klaasen (Westlake Village, Calif.) was another consistent member of the Bulldog's starting five this weekend, finishing both of his rounds 3-over par 74, good for a 47th place tie and a 6-over par 148 on the tournament.
- Sophomore Tyler Hahn (Avon, Conn.) and senior Matthew Stafford (Suffield, Conn.) rounded out Bryant's starting five, both carding a three-over par 75 on the day.
- Hahn recorded two birdies and finished in a 49th place tie after ending the tournament with a 7-over par 149.
- Stafford tallied one birdy and ended the tournament with a 10-over par 152, in a tie for 62nd place.
- Senior Mario Wilson (Taunton, Mass.) who competed as an individual had a seven-stroke improvement from Round 1, ending the second day with a 2-over par 73. He finished the tournament tied for 64th with a 11-over par 153.
1. Drexel 557 (281-276)
T2. Rhode Island 562 (279-283)
T2. Bucknell 562 (283-279)
4. Dartmouth 564 (283-281)
5. Siena 572 (285-287)
6. Harvard 574 (285-289)
7. St. Joseph's (PA) 576 (285-291)
8. Cornell 577 (286-291)
9. Holy Cross 579 (286-293)
10. Bryant 538 (289-294)
11. Brown 597 (295-302)
12. Fordham 598 (299-299)
T10. Connor Henderson 140 (68-72)
T32. Nick Piersall 146 (73-73)
T47. Jonah Klaasen 148 (74-74)
T49. Tyler Hahn 149 (74-75)
T62. Matthew Stafford (77-75)
T64. Mario Wilson (80-73)
UP NEXT: UConn Collegiate Invitational
After a week off, Bryant will compete at the UConn Collegiate Invitational at the GreatHorse Country Club beginning on Monday September 30th.