HAMPDEN, Mass. – Junior Nick Piersall (Portland, Conn.) was one-over-par on the second day of the UConn Collegiate Invitational, helping the Bryant University golf team to a 10th-place standing through 36 holes at Greathorse.
Course: Greathorse Country Club
Par 72 (7,093 yards)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Bulldogs improved eight strokes as a team from Sunday's first round.
- Piersall climbed to 32nd place at 8-over. The junior's 73 was his fifth round this fall at 1-over or better.
- Tyler Hahn (Avon, Conn.) rose to 16th in the field with a 76 Monday. Hahn is 5-over through 36 holes.
- Matthew Stafford (Suffield, Conn.) and Connor Henderson (Southborough, Mass.) improved from the first day on the course. Stafford carded a 76 while Henderson recorded a 77. Stafford stands 45th entering Tuesday's final round.
- Bryant currently sits second among the four NEC teams in the field, two strokes back of Fairleigh Dickinson.
1. Columbia 584 (292-292)
2. Lafayette 588 (292-296)
3. Rider 589 (295-294)
4. UConn 592 (298-294)
5. Army 595 (298-297)
T6. Siena 607 (303-304)
T6. Hartford 607 (303-304)
T8. Saint Peter's 608 (313-295)
T8. Fairleigh Dickinson 608 (305-303)
10. Bryant 610 (309-301)
T11. Sacred Heart 612 (310-302)
T11. Lehigh 612 (317-295)
13. Canisius 614 (307-307)
14. Wagner 626 (321-305)
The Bulldogs tee off Tuesday morning for the third and final round at beginning at 9:25 on the 10th hole. Bryant is paired with Wagner, Lehigh, UConn, and Sacred Heart.