WASHINGTON, D.C. – Redshirt-sophomore Antonio Terceros (Toronto, Ontario) scored the first goal of his Bulldog career, but it was not enough as Bryant fell to Howard in the 2018 season opener.
Howard 2, Bryant 1
Records: Howard 1-0-0, Bryant 0-1-0
Location: Greene Stadium | Washington, D.C.
Coach Purcell's Comments
"I thought we battled hard, especially in the second half. We had them on their heels for the majority of that period. We had several opportunities to be able to put the game away, but we just couldn't find the net. Howard did a great job. They were very good, well organized and very technical."
With under ten minutes to go, goalkeeper Carlos Caro played the ball long and it found Victor Guirma, who was able to calmly finish and give the Bison the advantage for good.
- 66th minute – Bryant 1, Howard 0 – Terceros broke the deadlock for the Bulldogs, as George Gill played the ball to him and he was able to slot it in the bottom left corner from 15 yards out.
- 67th minute – Howard 1, Bryant 1 – Senior Derek Blanchette (Hope, R.I.) was given a yellow for a foul in the box, setting the stage for Andres Gomez to beat junior Olivier Larente (Garches, France) and tie the game.
- 81st minute – Howard 2, Bryant 1 – Caro collected the assist on Guirma's tally that gave the Bison the lead.
Stats and Notes
- Terceros' goal is the second of his college career and the first since September 6, 2016 when his former school, Holy Cross, hosted Siena.
- The sophomore fired three shots on goal in total, leading Bryant.
- Larente made four saves in net for the Bulldogs.
- The Bison won the shot battle, firing 10 towards frame to Bryant's eight.
- Fouls in the match were even at 14 apiece.
The Bulldogs play host to in-state rival Rhode Island on Monday afternoon for a 1 p.m. kickoff at the Bulldog Soccer Field.