BROOKLYN, N.Y. – The Bryant University men's soccer team's season came to a close on Sunday afternoon after they fell in the 2018 Northeast Conference Men's Soccer Final to top-seeded LIU Brooklyn.
No. 1 LIU Brooklyn 4, No. 3 Bryant 0
Records: LIU Brooklyn 13-5-1, Bryant 5-9-3
Location: LIU Field | Brooklyn, N.Y.
Eight minutes into the match Zach Peterson possessed the ball on the right side of the box and curled an effort to the far post that bounces off the pole and in to give LIU a win they would build on from there.
- 8th minute – LIU Brooklyn 1, Bryant 0 – Filip Nordstrom and Giuseppe Barone combined on the far side to feed the ball into the box and find Peterson, who was able to put the Blackbirds on top.
- 51st minute – LIU Brooklyn 2, Bryant 0 – Peterson scored a second by making a near-post run and getting on the end of a Chris Solbakken cross. He flicked it high into the net to double LIU's advantage.
- 88th minute – LIU Brooklyn 3, Bryant 0 – The first of two late ones for LIU came on a break, when Rasmus Hansen was able to get around a defender and finish five-hole.
- 89th minute – LIU Brooklyn 4, Bryant 0 – The final goal came 95 seconds later when Solbakken made a touch to his right and beat the keeper to the left.
- Bryant finished the day with 11 shots to LIU Brooklyn's 16.
- Of the 11 shots, four came from sophomore midfielder Charles DeSantis (Saint-Mathias-Sur-Richelieu, Quebec, Canada) and three were from sophomore forward Antonio Terceros (Toronto, Ontario).
- DeSantis was able to put two of his shots on frame, while Terceros fired one shot on goal.
- Junior goalkeeper Olivier Larente (LaSalle, Montreal, Canada) made seven more saves this weekend, finishing with a weekend total of 16.
- Sophomore midfielder Matteo Toti (Rome, Italy) joined Larente and DeSantis on the All-Tournament Team.