BROOKLYN, N.Y. – St. Francis Brooklyn scored goals three minutes apart in the first half and went on to earn a 2-0 win over the Bryant University men's soccer team on Friday night.
St. Francis Brooklyn 2, Bryant 0
Records: Bryant (6-4, 3-2 NEC), St. Francis Brooklyn (6-4-1, 2-3 NEC)
- The Terriers turned a 0-0 game into a lead with goals just three minutes apart in the first half.
- 27th minute – SFBK 1, Bryant 0 – The Terriers took advantage of a poor goal kick and El Mahdi Youssoufi received a good ball and was able to finish.
- 30th minute – SFBK 2, Bryant 0 – The Terriers doubled their lead as Rahmi Shawki notched a goal three minutes later.
- 89th minute – SFBK 3, Bryant 0 – Vicente Gallardo closed the scoring with a late-game goal.
- Bryant has now dropped back-to-back games.
- Will Swart (Little Compton, R.I.) made his first-career appearance in goal for the Bulldogs, posting five saves.
The Bulldogs return home on Friday Oct. 25 to host Mount St. Mary's.