SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's soccer team hosts Fairleigh Dickinson in a pivotal NEC showdown Friday afternoon at the Bulldog Soccer Field on Senior Day.
The Bulldogs enter the weekend three points back of potential No. 1 seed Saint Francis U and amidst a jumble of eight NEC teams that are all in contention for the conference tournament in the regular season's penultimate weekend.
Bryant will also honor its 11-member senior class prior to the game on Friday.
Opponent: Fairleigh Dickinson
Location: Bulldog Soccer Field | Smithfield, R.I.
Kickoff: Friday – 3 p.m.
Watch: NEC Front Row
Live Stats: Presto Sports
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | #GoBryant | #NECMSoc
Bryant is 4-4-2 all-time against Fairleigh Dickinson in a series that dates back to 2009. A goal from Ben Williams (Unionville, Ontario) in the 84th minute and 10 saves from Olivier Larente (LaSalle, Quebec) powered a 1-0 Bulldog win last season in Teaneck.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- Bryant fell 2-0 Monday to Long Island in a game that was moved from Sunday due to inclement weather.
- The Bulldogs tallied 13 shots against the Sharks but only two were on goal.
- Senior Alex DaCosta (Bristol, R.I.) continues to lead the Black and Gold with six goals and five assists for 17 points.
- Freshman Jake Spaulding (Topsfield, Mass.) has contributed all seven of his points in NEC action, including his first two-goal game in the October 25 victory over Mount St. Mary's.
- Bryant enters the weekend in third place among postseason-eligible NEC teams with 12 points. Saint Francis U leads the way at 15 and Long Island has 13, while Robert Morris (10), St. Francis Brooklyn (9), Fairleigh Dickinson (8), Mount St. Mary's (6) and Sacred Heart (5) are all still mathematically in contention. The Sharks, Knights and Mountaineers have three games remaining and the remaining teams have two.
A Bit About the Knights
- Fairleigh Dickinson is 6-6-2 overall and 2-2-2 in the NEC after a 4-3 overtime win Friday night against St. Francis Brooklyn.
- The Knights tied last Friday's game in the 90th minute before striking again for the golden goal six minutes into overtime.
- FDU has a ranked win to its name this year with a 2-1 victory over No. 23 UConn in September.
- Diego Arribas leads the Knights with 18 points on eight goals and two assists. Both the point and goal totals rank second in the NEC.
Up Next: Merrimack
Bryant closes out the regular season and looks to extend the 2019 campaign another weekend when the Bulldogs travel to Merrimack Sunday, Nov. 10, at 1 p.m. in North Andover, Massachusetts.