SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's soccer team closes the regular season on Sunday afternoon when it travels to conference newcomer Merrimack. Kickoff is set for 1:00 p.m.
Bryant enters the weekend having already clinched a playoff spot. The 2019 NEC Men's Soccer Championship will take place Nov. 15-17 at the site of the highest seed.
Location: Martone-Mejail Field (North Andover, Mass.)
Kickoff: Sunday, Nov. 10 – 1:00 p.m.
Live Stats: MerrimackAthletics.com
Social Media: Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | #GoBryant | #NECMSoc
- Bryant and Merrimack will be meeting for the seventh time in program history and for the first time at the Division I level.
- The Bulldogs own a 5-1 lead in the all-time series, earning a 4-3 win in the last meeting between the two teams on Oct. 6, 2007.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- Bryant enters the weekend 5-3 in the Northeast Conference and 8-6 overall.
- Bryant's eight wins are the second-most in a single season in DI program history.
- The Bulldogs have clinched a playoff spot and will be one of four teams competing for an NEC title the weekend of Nov. 15-17.
- Bryant can finish either second or third.
- Senior Alex DaCosta (Bristol, Conn.) continues to lead the team with 16 points on the year.
- DaCosta, however, hasn't score in four games and the Bulldogs have received offensive production from other sources. Freshman Jake Spaulding (Topsfield, Mass.) scored twice in a 2-0 win over Mount St. Mary's and senior Trevor Lyne (Feeding Hills, Mass.) scored his first-career goal in a 1-0 win over FDU.
- Sophomore Will Swart (Little Compton, R.I.) has also stepped up to the plate, posting three saves to earn a shutout against FDU, clinching Bryant a playoff spot.
A bit about the Warriors
- Merrimack is currently in its first year of a four-year transition period from DII to DI.
- The Warriors have had great success, however, winning seven-straight matches entering the weekend.
- Merrimack has clinched the NEC Regular-Season title with a perfect 8-0 record but are not eligible to compete in the NEC Championships.
- The Warriors have scored 32 goals in 15 games, led by six from Filippo Begliardi Ghidini. Toia Showunmi and Aasmund Joedahl each have five.