SMITHFIELD, R.I. After a decisive win over in-state rival Providence last weekend, the Bryant University men's swimming and diving team welcomes Iona for a Noon meet at the Chace Athletic Center on Saturday.
First Race: 12:00 p.m. EDT
Location: Chace Athletic Center Pool
Video: NEC Front Row
Live Updates via Twitter: @Bryant_Swimming
Last Time Out
- The Bulldogs began the meet with a record-setting men's 400 medley relay time comprised of two seniors and two underclassmen, highlighting this team's depth. The Bulldogs continued to roll through the night, earning two individual first place victories from its divers en route to a 184-104 victory over the Friars.
Last Meet with Iona
- Junior Tavish Boyle (Springfield, N.J.) and senior Ben Schulte (Tumon, Guam) each won their two individual events last fall that resulted in a tie meeting between the schools. Kevin Sullivan (East Lyme, Conn.) and Zach Vogel (Wayne, N.J.) secured all points in the diving events.
A bit about the Gaels
- The Gaels opened their 2017-18 season with three wins over Holy Cross, Southern Connecticut State and St. Francis Brooklyn, creating an undefeated matchup between the two schools in Smithfield.
- Freshman diver Eric Cruz won both the 1 and 3 meter events in their meet against St. Francis Brooklyn.
- Gabriel Finch provided the Gaels with wins in the 200 IM and the 200 back events in their last meet.