SMITHFIELD, R.I. –The Bryant University men's swimming and diving team heads down to New Jersey for a tri-meet at 7:00 p.m. as they look to continue their unbeaten streak this fall.
Opponents: NJIT/Saint Peter's
First Race: 7:00 p.m. EDT Friday / 10 a.m. EDT Saturday
Location: Newark, N.J.
Last Time Out
Bryant got off to an early lead against Iona, finishing with the top three times in the 1000 free. Some of the best individual performances came from Matthew Mays (St. Croix, Virgin Islands) and Ben Schulte (Tumon, Guam), who each won their four races to help the Bulldogs take down Iona.
Last Meets with NJIT and Saint Peter's
- Seniors' Colin Curtin (Wethersfield, Conn.) and Schulte combined to win five individual events to lead the Bulldogs to a 170-92 victory in Smithfield last year.
- This tri-meet will mark the first time Saint Peters and Bryant square off.
A bit about the Highlanders
- The Highlanders have gotten off to a slow start this season with a 1-3 record. Their lone win came after hosting Mount St. Mary's earlier this month.
- Matheus Monteiro Montarroyos finished in the top three in each of his four events during their last meet against UMass.
- Nicholas Lyons found success last meet in the 100 and 200 breast events, finishing second in both.
A bit about the Peacocks
- The Peacocks are undefeated so far this season with wins over Pace University and Manhattan College last week.
- Freshman Oleksiy Polishchuk led the Peacocks in their last meet where he won all three of his events.
- Freshman Andrew Galarza has also had a strong start to his collegiate career in distance events.