SMITHFIELD, R.I. – Improving to 6-0 on the season, the Bryant University men's swimming and diving team defeated NJIT 222-125 and Saint Peter's 238-95 in Newark, N.J. this weekend.
Coach Cameron's Comments
"We were able to swim really well from start to finish. A lot of our swimmers had a great day, leading us to two wins. Big shout out to Trevor Hazlewood, who was able to lead us to two diving wins!"
- The Bryant tandem of Matthew Mays (St. Croix, Virgin Islands) and Zach Digiaro (Middletown, N.J.) finished 1-2 in the 200 fly, with Mays swimming a time of 1:53.70 and Digiaro finishing in 1:58.61.
How the Swimmers Did
- Mays won all five of his events this weekend, leading the pack in the 200 fly (1:53.70), 400 IM (4:11.64) and 100 fly (52.29). He also won in two relays.
- Ben Schulte (Tumon, Guam) also won all five of his races, taking home first in the 200 IM (1:57.85), 200 breast (2:09.74) and 100 breast (58.03), while also winning in two relays.
- Colin Curtin (Wethersfield, Conn.) also won in two relays, while winning the 200 back (1:56.86) and 100 back (52.70).
How the Divers Did
- Freshman Trevor Hazlewood (Corpus Christi, Texas) was the only one who dove competitively for the Bulldogs this weekend, winning the 1-meter (264.50) and the 3-meter (250.65).
Stats and Notables
- Hazlewood won both diving events for the second time this season.
- Mays improves to 14-for-14 in individual races.
- Schulte won the 200 breast for the fifth consecutive meet.
The Bulldogs have a weekend off before competing at the Harold Anderson Invitational on November 17 and 18 at the University of Rhode Island.