SMITHFIELD, R.I. – For the second time in the last four seasons, the Bryant University men's swimming and diving team won the Harold Anderson Invitational, hosted by Rhode Island.
Coach Cameron's Comment
"We are very pleased with the way we performed this weekend! Most of the team swam season best times. We looked very strong in a lot of events and I'm very proud of the men for pulling together to win the invite."
- The Bulldogs started the meet right, winning the 400 medley relay by over three seconds (3:25.02) and followed it up with a Top 3 finish in every event in Friday's schedule.
Day 1 Highlights
- Bryant swam four season-best times on Friday en route to a 19-point lead at the end of Day 1.
- The team of Colin Curtin (Wethersfield, Conn.), Ben Schulte (Tumon, Guam), Matthew Mays (St. Croix, Virgin Islands) and Andrew Allen (Bedford, N.H.) won the 400 medley relay in a season-best time.
- Schulte added another win in the 200 IM (1:54.44).
- Allen swam to two more Top 3 finishes, finishing third in the 50 free and second in the 200 free relay.
- In diving, Trevor Hazlewood (Corpus Christi, Texas) and Kevin Sullivan (East Lyme, Conn.) finished 1-2 in the 3-meter dive, with the tandem finishing with scores of 246.40 and 232.90, respectively.
Day 2 Highlights
- Curtin, Mays, Schulte and George Sommerville (Pittsfield, Mass.) won the first relay of the day, the 200 medley relay (1:33.49).
- Schulte took home a win in the 100 breast (56.82).
- Curtin also finished in first in the 100 back (52.24).
- Hazlewood and Zach Vogel (South Easton, Mass.) finished 2-3 in the 1-meter dive.
- Robert Davis (Glastonbury, Conn.) and Charlie Broe (New Windsor, N.Y.) finished 2-3 in the 1650 free.
Stats and Notables
- Vogel recorded his first Top 3 finish of the year, finishing with a score of 233.10 in the 1-meter dive.
- Schulte's three individual wins bring him up to 15 on the year, good for second on the team.
- The Bulldogs set nine season-high times on the weekend.
After taking a weekend off, the Bulldogs head to the Gompei Invitational at WPI for a three-day invite December 1-3 in Worcester, Mass.