SMITHFIELD, R.I. – For the third consecutive season, the Bryant University men's swimming and diving teams are heading up to WPI for the fifth annual Gompei Invitational.
Opponent: Babson, Bentley, Brandeis, Clark, Roger Williams, Rowan, Stevens IT, Saint Rose, Southern Connecticut State
Prelims Starts: 10:45 a.m. Friday / 10:00 a.m. Saturday / 9:30 a.m. Sunday
Finals Starts: 7:00 p.m. Friday / 5:30 p.m. Saturday / 5:00 p.m. Sunday
Location: Worcester, Mass.
Video: WPI Athletics Live Video
Live Results: HY-TEK Real Time Results
Last Time Out
The Bulldogs earned a victory at the Harold Anderson Invitational, finishing the meet with 888 points. They started Friday night with over a three-second win in the 400 medley relay and taking a Top 3 spot in each of the events that night.
Last Time at the Gompei Invite
- Colin Curtin (Wethersfield, Conn.) helped the Bulldogs finish in fourth place with two Top 5 finishes on the final day of competition. Kevin Sullivan (East Lyme, Conn.) earned a pair of Top 3 finishes in diving.
A bit about the competition
- Babson is hoping to continue a three-meet win streak after picking up a victory at Clark midway through November.
- The Beavers have relied on a variety of underclassmen this season, including sophomore Jack Lucero who took home three first-place individual events in their last meet.
- The Falcons come into the WPI Invitational with a 4-0 record after a commanding 191-100 win over Brandeis this past week.
- Bentley has multiple standout swimmers including Jarod Yoshihara, who won NE10 Swimmer of the Week honors in early November and Paul Homorodean, who is just coming off a NE10 Rookie of the Week award.
- Brandeis comes into the weekend boasting a 4-2 record with their most recent win over Babson.
- The Judges feature Tamir Zitelny who won three individual events at the NEISDA Championships.
- The Cougars are looking to get December started off right after falling to their opponents in the previous four meets.
- Clark had notable finishes in their last meet from Dylan Schrama who finished first in the 200 yard IM and senior Steven Castiglione, who won the 1-meter diving event.
- Stevens Institute of Technology
- The Ducks, ranked 22nd in the nation, are looking to build upon their impressive start.
- Stevens received top performances in their latest meet from freshman Joshua Palpallatoc in the 200-yard butterfly and freshman Blake Holland in the 200-yard backstroke.
- Saint Rose
- Saint Rose will be searching for a win this weekend to end their three-meet slump in November.
- The Golden Knights will need continued success from sophomore Roko Jelavic in the 1000 freestyle and 100 breaststroke, as well as a strong performance from freshman Grant Tinsley Little in the diving events.
- The Profs own a strong 4-1 record this fall against opponents in New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania, but will be looking to bring that success to Massachusetts on Friday.
- Rowan had impressive performances from Chad Shire and Christian Termine in the 1-meter diving event in their most recent meet.
- Roger Williams
- Roger Williams have had consistent success this season with a 3-0 record heading into the weekend.
- The Hawks have the current NEISDA Swimmer of the Week, Gabriel Pasqualucci, who won all three of his individual events last weekend at Bridgewater State University.
- Southern Connecticut State
- The Owls come into the Gompei Invitational in hopes of earning their second victory of the season.
- Southern Connecticut State had top performances in their last meet from freshman Ethan Dolan in the 200-yard back event and sophomore Leonardo LaPorte in the 50-yard butterfly.