POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. – Senior Ben Schulte (Tumon, Guam) had a perfect four wins in four races on Saturday afternoon, but the Bryant University men's swimming and diving team fell to Marist, closing out its road schedule in the 2017-18 season.
Coach Cameron's Comments
"It was a tough afternoon for us as we had some ups and downs. Marist swam very well and has some real depth in all events. Ben had a good meet winning three individual events and we look forward to Holy Cross this weekend."
Bryant was able to withstand an early Marist push by securing a pair of Top 3 finishes in the 100 back and 100 breast, but it did not last as the Bulldogs were not able to fall.
How the Swimmers Did
- Schulte's four wins came in the 100 breast (57.26), 200 breast (2:07.66), 200 IM (1:57.83) and anchored the winning 400 free relay team.
- Freshman Matthew Mays (St. Croix, Virgin Islands) added a victory in the 100 back (52.49).
- Junior Tavish Boyle (Springfield, N.J.) recorded a second-place finish in the 100 breast for the Bulldogs (59.63).
- In addition to his 100 back victory, Mays finished in second in the 200 back (1:53.00).
How the Divers Did
- Freshman Trevor Hazlewood (Corpus Christi, Texas) finished in the second in the 1-meter dive (272.78).
- Junior Kevin Sullivan (East Lyme, Conn.) added a third-place finish in the 3-meter dive (240.52).
Bryant's last meet of the regular season will be Saturday afternoon when they play host to Holy Cross for their annual Senior Meet.