SMITHFIELD, R.I. – Graduate student Micah Ornelas (San Diego, Calif.) won three events and set a pool record as the Bryant University men's swimming and diving team competed on Saturday at UMass.
The Minutemen won the dual meet, 188-112.
How the Swimmers Fared
- Ornelas took first-place finishes in the 100 fly (48.96), the 200 fly (1:53.18) and the 200 IM (1:52.76). His time in the 100 fly was a new Joseph R. Rogers Jr. pool record.
- Bryant also received a first-place finish from Matthew Mays (St. Croix, Virgin Islands). He won the 200 back with a time of 1:52.45.
- In addition, Robert Davis (Glastonbury, Conn.) finished second in the 1000 free (10:01.34) and Andrew Allen (Bedford, N.H.) finished second in the 100 free (48.61).
How the Divers Fared
- Trevor Hazlewood (Corpus Christi, Texas) won the 3-meter dive with a score of 272.93.
- Zach Vogel (South Easton, Mass.) and Evan Clark (Doylestown, Pa.) finished right behind him, posting scores of 263.62 and 227.99.
- In the 1-meter, Hazlewood, Vogel and Clark finished 2-3-4.
- It is the first time in program history the men have finished 1-2-3 in a diving event.
Notes and Notables
- Oliver French (Nashua, N.H.) posted a season-best time of 10:31.03 in the 1000 free. He also posted a season-best time of 4:58.96 in the 500 free.
- Matt Zichelli's (Glen Ridge, N.J.) time of 1:48.64 in the 200 free was a season best.
The Bulldogs travel to Boston University on Wednesday for a 5:00 p.m. meet.