SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's swimming and diving team posted five first-place finishes on Wednesday night but fell at Boston University, 167-130.
Coach Cameron's Thoughts
"We actually swam very well! Score might not show it by we had great effort tonight. Several season best times which is hard to do in January - only a few days after returning from training trip. I am pleased with where we are and excited about where we are headed!"
How the Swimmers Fared
- Hours after being named MAAC Swimmer of the Week, graduate student Micah Ornelas (San Diego, Calif.) won two individual events and was part of a first-place relay team. He won the 50 back (23.39) and 50 fly (21.72) and finished second in the 100 free (47.02).
- In the 200 medley relay, Ornelas swam the third leg along with Matthew Mays (St. Croix, Virgin Islands), Tavish Boyle (Springfield, N.J.) and Matt Zichelli (Glen Ridge, N.J.). The group posted a winning time of 1:33.31.
- Mays posted a victory in the 200 back, finishing with a time of 1:51.84.
- Boyle added second-place finishes in the 50 breast (26.95) and 200 breast (2:09.91).
How the Divers Fared
- Sophomore Trevor Hazlewood (Corpus Christi, Texas) won the 3-meter dive (273.15) and finished second in the 1-meter (250.80).
- Zach Vogel (South Easton, Mass.) finished right behind him both with scores of 232.50 in the 3-meter and 221.10 in the 1-meter.
Notes and Notables
- Matthew Mastroianni (Glastonbury, Conn.) swam a personal-best time of 4:21.34 in the 400 IM.
- Ornelas' time in the 50 back qualified him for the A cut of the CSCAA National Invitational Championship.
- Shane Vyskocil (Parsippany, N.J.) swam a season-best time of 2:06.00 in the 200 fly.
- Robert Davis (Glastonbury, Conn.) posted a season-best time of 4:43.96 in the 500 free.
The Bulldogs travel to Rider University for an 11:00 a.m. meet on Saturday.