SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's swimming and diving team fell to Marist, 164-136, on Senior Day at the Chace Athletic Center Pool.
Coach Cameron's Thoughts
"Great meet for the Bulldogs today. I am proud of how we competed. The women dominated from the beginning. The men challenged Marist from start to finish. I am optimistic about the next time we see Marist which will be at the MAACs."
How the Swimmers Fared
- Sophomore Matthew Mays (St. Croix, Virgin Islands) won three events on the afternoon. He won the 100 back (51.51), the 200 back (1:52.52) and the 200 IM (1:56.14).
- Graduate student Micah Ornelas (San Diego, Calif.) also won a pair of events, winning the 200 fly (1:51.12) and the 100 fly (48.56).
- Robert Davis (Glastonbury, Conn.) had a strong day in the distance events, finishing first in the 500 free (4:48.75) and second in the 1000 free.
- Senior Tavish Boyle (Springfield, N.J.) added Bryant's other victory, finishing first in the 100 breast (58.77).
- Bryant's 200 medley relay of Mays, Boyle, Ornelas and senior Matt Zichelli (Glen Ridge, N.J.) opened the meet with a pool-record time of 1:32.62.
How the Divers Fared
- Zach Vogel (South Easton, Mass.) finished second in the 3-meter dive with a score of 228.07
- Senior Kevin Sullivan (East Lyme, Conn.) finished second in the 1-meter dive with a score of 216.45.
Notes and Notables
- Seniors Oliver French (Nashua, N.H.) and Charlie Broe (New Windsor, N.Y.) both swam season-best times in the 1000 free.
- Broe also swam a season-best time in the 200 back.
- Chris McHeffey (Monmouth Beach, N.J.) swam a season-best time in the 200 breast.
The Bulldogs are off until they head to the 2018 MAAC Championships in Buffalo, N.Y., from Feb. 13-16.