SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's swimming and diving team fell to Boston College, 177-121, in its first dual meet on Friday night.
- The 200 medley relay team of Matthew Mays (St. Croix, Virgin Islands), FuKang Wong (Johor, Malaysia), Dom Scifo (Ipswich, Great Britain) and Andrew Allen (Bedford, N.H.) opened the meet with a victory. They posted a time of 1:32.90.
- Mays went on to post individual victories in the 100 back (50.82), 200 back (1:50.85) and the 200 IM (1:54.28).
- Wong went on to win the 100 breast (55.09) and the 200 breast (2:04.92) in his first meet with the Black and Gold.
- Matthew Mastroianni (Glastonbury, Conn.) finished second in both the 100 free (47.88) and 200 free (1:45.55).
- Bryant also received second-place finishes from Zach DiGiaro (Middletown, N.J.) in the 200 fly, Allen in the 50 free, Scifo in the 100 fly and Robert Davis (Glastonbury, Conn.) in the 500 free.
- On the boards, Benjamin Prouty (East Lyme, Conn.) and Drew Arnold (South Windsor, Conn.) finished 2-3 in the 1-meter dive.
- Zach Vogel (South Easton, Mass.) finished second in the 3-meter with a score of 249.83.
Notes and Notables
- Mays set pool records in both the 100 back and 200 back events.
- Wong set pool records in both breast events.
The Bulldogs continue their season-opening three-game home stretch next Friday night when they host Providence College.