SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's swimming and diving team earned a 189-109 victory over Providence College on Friday night at the Chace Athletic Center Pool.
Coach Cameron's Comments
"We swam well and improved some details from last week. Overall, we looked good for mid-October. Excited to continue to watch our team respond to hard work and looking forward to having Iona on campus next Saturday."
Notes and Notables
- Bryant opened the meet with a decisive victory in the 200 medley relay. Mays, Wong, Zach DiGiaro (Middletown, N.J.) and Andrew Allen (Bedford, N.H.) won the event by seven seconds with a time of 1:33.30.
- Wong led a clean sweep of the 100 free with a time of 46.79. Allen finished second and Matthew Mastroianni (Glastonbury, Conn.) came in third.
- Wong also won the 200 IM in dominant fashion, finishing in 1:54.87, nearly six seconds faster than the next swimmer. He finished his night with a win in the 100 breast with a time of 55.35.
- Mastroianni won the 200 free with a time of 1:47.03.
- Mays won the 100 fly, 200 fly and the 200 back with times of 50.90, 1:52.83 and 1:52.87.
- Allen claimed a victory in the 50 free with a time of 21.67.
- Robert Davis (Glastonbury, Conn.) overcame PC's Justin Viotto in one of the night's tightest races, winning the 500 free by six hundredths of a second (4:48.07 – 4:48.13).
- Bryant closed the meet with a victory in the 200 free relay behind the quartet of Allen, Eric Bebel (Westfield, N.J.), Mastroianni and Dom Scifo (Ipswich, Great Britain).
- Bryant swept both diving events with Trevor Hazlewood (Corpus Christi, Texas) taking the 1-meter and Zach Vogel (South Easton, Mass.) taking the 3-meter. Hazlewood won with a score of 243.30 and Vogel won with a score of 273.98.
- Benjamin Prouty (East Lyme, Conn.) finished second in the 1-meter and third in the 3-meter.
The Bulldogs wrap up their three-meet homestand next Saturday when they face Iona at 12:00 p.m.