NEW LONDON, Conn. – The Bryant University men's swimming and diving team set four pool records and posted 14 season best times in a 174.5-125.5 victory over U.S. Coast Guard Academy on Saturday.
Coach Cameron's Comments
"We are pleased with the way the team competed today. We have been putting in a good amount of work and all of them are tired and broken. But we still got up and fought hard with every race. Divers did awesome on the board."
Notes and Notables
- FuKang Wong (Johor Malaysia) set the pace with pool-record swims in the 100 breast (55.52) and the 200 breast (2:04.14).
- Matthew Mays (St. Croix, Virgin Islands) set a pool record in the 200 back with a time of 1:50.92.
- Mays also won the 100 back with a time of 51.42.
- Bryant's final pool record came in the 400 medley relay as Mays, Wong, Zach DiGiaro (Middletown, N.J.) and Andrew Allen (Bedford, N.H.) finished in 3:26.48.
- Robert Davis (Glastonbury, Conn.) finished first in the 1000 free (9:54.20).
- DiGiaro added a first place finish in the 200 fly (1:56.84).
- Dom Scifo (Ipswich, Great Britain) won the 100 fly with a time of 52.26.
- Bryant also won the 400 free relay as Mays, Matthew Mastroianni (Glastonbury, Conn.), Allen and Wong teamed up.
- On the boards, Trevor Hazlewood (Corpus Christi, Texas) won the 1-meter with a score of 278.25. Benjamin Prouty (East Lyme, Conn.) and Zach Vogel (South Easton, Mass.) finished 2-3.
- Prouty, Hazlewood and Vogel went 2-3-4 in the 3-meter.
Bryant travels to Boston to take on BU and UConn next Saturday, Nov. 9.