SMITHFIELD, R.I. – Redshirt junior Matt Kuhar (Smithfield, R.I.) and senior Luke Lorenz (Colorado Springs, Colo.) will represent the Bryant University men's tennis team at the ITA Northeast Regionals this week. The tournament will be hosted by Yale University in New Haven, Conn.
Event: ITA Northeast Regionals
Location: Yale University | New Haven, Conn.
Coach Gendron's Comments
"We are looking forward to this weekend. It's always great to see where we stack up against the regions best. We are also pleased to get two guys in the main draw. It's rewarding to see the program move in the right direction.
About the ITA Northeast Regionals
- The ITA Regional Championships feature some of the top men's and women's players across the country. Over 8,000 student-athletes from NCAA Division I, II, III, NAIA, Junior and Community Colleges compete across 85 ITA Regional Championships around the country.
- The Northeast Regionals run from Oct. 18-23 at Yale University.
- Kuhar, who was ranked No. 16 in the Northeast by the ITA in June, will compete in the main draw and received a bye in the first round.
- Lorenz was also selected to the main draw and will face a player from the qualifying rounds in the first round.
- It marks the first time in program history that Bryant will send two players to the ITAs.