SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's tennis team will play its first home match of the spring season as it welcomes Binghamton on Friday morning.
Friday's match is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m. and will be played at Fore Court in Cumberland, R.I.
Date: Friday, Feb. 9 | 10:00 a.m.
Location: Fore Court (Cumberland, R.I.)
Coach Gendron's Thoughts
"Historically, Binghamton has had a strong program and we have had a healthy rivalry with them for years. We are looking forward to our first match of the year at home."
- Bryant is 1-5 all-time against Binghamton. The Bulldogs earned their first win over the Bearcats last season.
- The Bulldogs won 4-3 last season on the road.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- The Bulldogs went 1-2 in Annapolis last weekend. Bryant fell to Richmond and Army, 4-3, before closing out the weekend with a 5-2 win over Mount St. Mary's.
- Redshirt junior Matt Kuhar (Smithfield, R.I.) has gone 7-1 in singles play this year and brings a five-match winning streak into Friday's match.
- Junior Artur Jakubowsk (Dallas, Texas) is 4-3 in dual matches this season, going 4-0 at the No. 4 singles spot.
- In doubles, senior Luke Lorenz (Colorado Springs, Colo.) and freshman Grant Pertile (Edgartown, Mass.) are 6-2 in dual matches. The duo has won three straight.
Scouting the Bearcats
- Binghamton comes into Friday with a 2-3 mark in dual matches. The Bearcats have won each of their last two matches, defeating St. Bonaventure and Niagara. Both finals were 7-0.
- Sebastian Quiros is 4-1 in singles, while Kushaan Nath is 2-0 at the No. 1 singles spot.
- Nath and Tiago Lourenco are 3-1 at No. 1 doubles.
- Valentin Bouchet leads all current Binghamton players with 44 career wins.