SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's tennis team plays its second match of the weekend as it travels to Hanover, New Hampshire, to face Dartmouth on Sunday afternoon.
Date: Sunday, Feb. 11 | 3:00 p.m.
Location: Boss Tennis Center/Gordon Pavilion (Hanover, N.H.)
- Bryant and Dartmouth first met during the 2013-14 season and have met every year since.
- The Big Green have won each of the four meetings.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- The Black and Gold are coming off a commanding 6-1 victory over Binghamton in their home opener on Friday morning.
- Redshirt junior Matt Kuhar (Smithfield, R.I.) has been a force this spring and enters Sunday's match with six-straight victories.
- Senior Luke Lorenz (Colorado Springs, Colo.) picked up his second-straight victory on Friday and is now 4-4 at No. 2 singles on the year. He's also posted the second-most victories on the team (11).
- Classmate Jorge Ortiz-Garcia (Trujillo Alto, Puerto Rico) snapped a cold spell on Friday when he won in straight sets at No. 5 singles. It was his first win of the spring and his first since Sept. 30.
Scouting the Big Green
- Dartmouth has proven to be one of the top teams in the region.
- The Big Green doubles team of David Horneffer and Charlie Broom is currently ranked No. 19 in the country. The duo started playing together this semester and is 6-0 at No. 1.
- Broom was named the Ivy League and ITA Northeast Rookie of the Year in 2016-17.