SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's tennis team returns home this weekend as it welcomes the University of Buffalo to Fore Court in Cumberland.
Bryant and Buffalo will begin their match at 12:00 p.m. on Sunday afternoon.
Date: Sunday, March 11
Location: Fore Court (Cumberland, R.I.)
- Buffalo is one of the few teams Bryant has played every season since moving to the Division I level in 2008-09.
- The Bulls have won all nine meetings to date, including a 6-1 win last year.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- The Bulldogs went 1-2 in three matches at the Air Force Academy last weekend. Bryant defeated Air Force and fell to Dayton and Weber St.
- Redshirt junior Matt Kuhar (Smithfield, R.I.) and freshman Grant Pertile (Edgartown, Mass.) were both honored by the Northeast Conference on Thursday. Kuhar was named the NEC Player of the Month and Pertile was named the NEC Rookie of the Month.
- Kuhar is 13-2 in the spring season and 19-6 overall this year. He has played six players currently ranked in the top 125 nationally and is 2-2 with two unfinished in those matches.
- Pertile has posted a 12-5 record in doubles play, going 11-3 with senior Luke Lorenz (Colorado Springs, Colo.).
- Kuhar secured Bryant's only point against Buffalo last year, winning in straight sets at the No. 1 spot.
Scouting the Bulls
- The Bulls have been one of the top teams in the Northeast over the years and have faced the Bulldogs once when ranked in the top 60 nationally.
- UB is 5-4 this season, having won four of its last five matches.
- Hao Sheng Koay has played the most at No. 1, going 4-1. He is 9-8 on the year.
- Buffalo's top doubles teams are Ethan Nittolo and Sheng Koay and Petr Vodak and Vidit Vaghela. Nittolo and Sheng Koay are 9-7 on the year, while Vodak/Vaghela are 6-1.