SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's tennis team will renew its rivalry with Fairleigh Dickinson on Sunday afternoon at Fore Court in Cumberland, R.I.
Bryant and FDU will begin their match at 12:00 p.m.
The Opponent: Fairleigh Dickinson
Location: Fore Court (Cumberland, R.I.)
- Bryant is 8-2 all-time against FDU. The Bulldogs have won each of the last seven matches.
- FDU defeated Bryant in the 2013 NEC title match but the Black and Gold have responded by winning each of the next seven meetings, including the 2014 and 2015 NEC title matches.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- Bryant enters the weekend with an 8-15 overall record and a 2-0 mark in NEC play.
- Redshirt junior Matt Kuhar (Smithfield, R.I.) is the two-time NEC Player of the Week. He is 22-7 overall and 16-3 in dual matches.
- Senior Jorge Ortiz-Garcia (Trujillo Alto, Puerto Rico) has won his last two matches to even his dual match record at 5-5.
- Senior Luke Lorenz (Colorado Springs, Colo.) and freshman Grant Pertile (Edgartown, Mass.) are 14-4 as doubles partners this season. They have won eight of their last 10 matches.
Scouting the Knights
- FDU enters the weekend with an overall record of 1-9. The Knights have not played an NEC match.
- Niclas Pietsch leads the team with 11 wins, while Maciej Autuch is 10-10 overall.