SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's tennis team welcomes two regional foes to Fore Court this weekend as it takes on Connecticut and Quinnipiac.
Bryant and Connecticut will meet Saturday at 3:15 p.m., while the Bulldogs and Bobcats will play Sunday at 11:45 a.m.
Opponents: Connecticut and Quinnipiac
Times: 3:15 p.m. | 11:45 a.m.
Location: Fore Court (Cumberland, R.I.)
- Bryant is 6-2 against Connecticut at the Division I level. The Black and Gold have won the last six matches between the two schools.
- Bryant is 6-1 against Quinnipiac at the Division I level. The Bulldogs have won each of the last six meetings.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- The Bulldogs enter the weekend with a 9-15 overall record.
- Bryant has won each of its last two matches.
- Redshirt junior Matt Kuhar (Smithfield, R.I.) is 23-7 overall and 17-3 in dual matches this season.
- The doubles team of senior Luke Lorenz (Colorado Springs, Colo.) and Grant Pertile (Edgartown, Mass.) are 14-5 as doubles partners, going 7-3 in their last 10 matches.
Scouting the Huskies
- UConn enters the weekend with an overall record of 4-11.
- Jonathan Edwards (13), Jack McLister (14) and Yili Zheng (11) have all posted double-digit wins.
- Hank Hill and McLister are the top doubles team, posting a 15-12 overall record.
Scouting the Bobcats
- The Bobcats enter the weekend with a 5-7 overall record.
- Julian Rozenstein is 14-8 overall and 7-5 at No. 1 singles.
- Rozenstein teams with Freddie Zaretsky to form the Bobcats top doubles team.