SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's tennis team wraps up its regular season on Sunday as it hosts Sacred Heart at Fore Court in Cumberland.
Prior to the match, the Bulldogs will honor their four-member senior class.
Opponent: Sacred Heart
Location: Fore Court (Cumberland, R.I.)
Time: 3:00 p.m. (Senior presentation prior to the match)
- Bryant owns a 9-1 lead in the Division I series with Sacred Heart.
- The Pioneers won the first meeting back in 2009-10, but the Bulldogs have won each of the last nine.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- Sunday will be the final home match for Nick Lamart (Raleigh, N.C.), Luke Lorenz (Colorado Springs, Colo.), Jorge Ortiz-Garcia (Trujillo Alto, Puerto Rico) and John Templeman (Midland, Mich.).
- Redshirt Matt Kuhar (Smithfield, R.I.) will look to finish out an incredible regular season on Sunday. He is 18-3 during the spring, posting an 8-2 record in his last 10 matches.
- Bryant also has four other players with double-digit victories. Lorenz is 16-19 overall this year, Ortiz-Garcia is 11-8 on the year, junior Artur Jakubowski (Dallas, Texas) is 14-14 overall and freshman Wilson Dong (Bradenton, Fla.) is 11-12, having won four straight.
Scouting the Pioneers
- Sacred Heart enters the match 0-3 in the league and 3-14 overall.
- Seiji Hosokowa leads the team at No. 1, posting a 9-5 record this season.
- Chris Sause is second on the team with seven wins.