SMITHFIELD, R.I. – Sophomore Grant Pertile (Edgartown, Mass.) and freshman Andrew Pregel (Cincinnati, Ohio) combined for three victories as the Bryant University men's tennis team wrapped up day one of the Brown Invitational.
Coach Gendron's Thoughts
"Today was a long day and the results are a little disappointing. We went 3-5 in singles and 2-2 in doubles. Today was a let down for sure, but that's life. I expect us to pull ourselves up and battle tomorrow."
How it Happened
- Playing together for the first time in their careers, Pertile and Pregel won all three points against Villanova's Daniel Martinez and Mike Czlonka.
- For Pregel, it was the first two victories of his collegiate career.
- Seniors Matt Kuhar (Smithfield, R.I.) and Artur Jakubowski (Dallas, Texas) lost all three points to Brown's Peter Litsky and Ching Lam.
- Sophomore Wilson Dong (Bradenton, Fla.) and freshman Alexander Schou (Holte, Denmark) fell to Brown's Alan Arocho, Ben Collier and Charles Tan, 2-1.
- Senior Michael Plutt (Weston, Fla.) and junior Guido Argentini (Boca Raton, Fla.) lost to BU's Pedro Gutierrez and Satyajit Simhadri, 2-1.
The second day of the Brown Invitational begins at 9 a.m. Saturday morning in Providence.