SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's tennis team will send four student-athletes to the ITA Northeast Regionals that start Thursday at Princeton University.
Coach Gendron's Thoughts
"It's always a great event to see all the best players in the region at one site. Matt being the four seed can be misleading. It is a brutal event and it will take a major effort to succeed this week. Looking forward to the battles."
Bulldogs at the ITAs
- Seniors Matt Kuhar (Smithfield, R.I.), Michael Plutt (Weston, Fla.) and Artur Jakubowski (Dallas, Texas) and junior Guido Argentini (Boca Raton, Fla.) will represent the Bulldogs.
- Kuhar will serve as the No. 4 seed in the tournament and has a first-round bye.
- Jakubowski will face Galen Lee from Harvard in the first round.
- Both Plutt and Argentini will play in the qualifying rounds to start. Plutt will face Niclas Pietsch of FDU and Argentini will face Lehigh's Zack Elliot.
- In doubles, Kuhar and Jakubowski will face a qualifier in the first round, while Plutt and Argentini will face Marist's Christopher Gladden and John Oxner in the qualifying rounds.
- Kuhar and Dana Parziale are the only Bulldogs to advance to the third round of ITAs in DI program history.
- This will be Kuhar's second ITA event this year. He advanced to the quarterfinals of the Oracle ITA Masters in September.