SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University men's tennis team travels to West Point this weekend for matches against Army and NJIT on Saturday (12:30 p.m.) and Sunday (12:00 p.m.).
Bryant defeated Army, 4-3, last year but was defeated by the same score against NJIT.
A bit about the Bulldogs
- The Bulldogs enter the weekend at 6-6 on the year.
- Bryant played six matches in five days last week, going 4-2 during the stretch.
- Senior Matt Kuhar (Smithfield, R.I.) was ranked No. 77 nationally on Wednesday. It is the highest ranking in program history.
- Kuhar is 13-6 on the year, including a 6-2 mark at No. 1 singles.
- Junior Guido Argentini (Boca Raton, Fla.) is second on the team with six victories.
- The Black and Gold have also posted a 21-14 doubles record in dual matches.
A bit about the opponents
- The Black Knights are 2-7 on the year and are coming off a 4-3 victory over NJIT on Friday.
- Myles Conlin is Army's top singles player, posting a 2-3 mark at No. 1.
- NJIT is 2-4 on the year after Friday's loss to Army.
- Zac Castagna leads the Highlanders with nine victories on the year.