SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University softball team continues its spring break trip as the Bulldogs will play three-midweek games in the Pacific Northwest. On Tuesday, Bryant takes on Portland State in a doubleheader before heading to Seattle to meet with top-ranked Washington on Wednesday.
Opponent: Portland State
Location: Gordon Faber Rec Complex | Portland, Ore.
First Game: 6 p.m. EDT / 3 p.m. PDT
Live Stats: StatBroadcast
- This is the first time that Bryant has played either Portland State or Washington.
- Washington marks the first-ever game in program history that Bryant takes on the number one nationally-ranked team. It is the third game against a ranked opponent this season (#12 Arizona, #6 Oregon).
BULLDOG NOTES AND NOTABLES
- Bryant enters the week with a 4-10 record on the season.
- Sophomore Gabrielle Ermish (Pottstown, Pa.) leads the Bulldogs with a .318 average. Ermish is also coming off of a complete-game effort from the circle in which she allowed seven hits, two earned runs and struck out three versus Weber State.
- Freshmen Alexandra Hickey (St. John, Ind.) and Dakota Bilodeau (Milford, N.H.) are tied for the team lead with two home runs each. Hickey is the Bulldog leader in RBI, having driven in seven on the year.
- Senior catcher Robyn Ukegawa (Carlsbad, Calif.) has a .292 average for the Bulldogs and has driven in five runs and one home run. She leads the team with three doubles in 2018.
- In the circle, redshirt junior Logan Paul (Shaker Heights, Ohio) owns a 3-1 record.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENTS
- Portland State will host the Bulldogs with a 4-15 record. The team last competed in the UNLV Rebel Classic this past weekend, going 0-3 before two games were canceled due to weather.
- Kaela Morrow has a .333 average for the Vikings and leads the team with five home runs and 14 RBI.
- In the circle, Emma Detamore leads Portland State in most categories. Detamore is 2-4 with a 5.46 ERA with 15 strikeouts in 33.1 innings pitched.
- Washington enters the week as the number one team in the NFCA coaches poll with a 27-0 record. The team competed in the Women's College World Series last year, advancing to the semifinal round before losing to eventual runner-up Florida.
- Kirstyn Thomas comes into Wednesday with a .465 average with 11 home runs and 35 RBI. She ranks second nationally in home runs.
- Taran Alvelo has seen the majority of the innings for Washington. She is 12-0 with a 0.81 ERA and has 119 strikeouts in 77.1 innings.