SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University softball team resumes Northeast Conference play as the Bulldogs take on Sacred Heart on Saturday and Central Connecticut on Sunday for a pair of doubleheaders. Saturday's games will be played in Fairfield, Connecticut, while the Bulldogs host CCSU on Sunday at Conaty Park.
- Sacred Heart and Bryant have met 17 times in Division I history, with the Bulldogs boasting a 10-7 advantage over the Pioneers.
- The Bulldogs and Blue Devils have met 19 times previous, with the Bulldogs holding a 10-9 lead in the all-time series. The Bulldogs have won three of the last four meetings in the rivalry.
BULLDOG NOTES AND NOTABLES
- Bryant enters the week with a 9-22 record on the season and a 3-3 mark in NEC play.
- Freshman Morgan Powell (Murrieta, Calif.) leads the Bulldogs with a .324 average at the plate, while classmate Gianna Ceccarelli (Claremont, Calif.) has come on strong lately. Despite not hitting the at-bat minimum, Ceccarelli is batting .409 in 2018.
- Senior Rachel Monroe (Southwick, Mass.), junior Jessica Gradillas (Nogales, Ariz.) and freshman Dakota Bilodeau (Milford, N.H.) are tied for the team lead in home runs, each player having three on the year. Bilodeau and Gradillas each homered on Wednesday versus Providence.
- Monroe is coming off of a weekend where she batted .500 with two home runs, a double and 10 RBI. For her play, she was named the Co-NEC Player of the Week.
- In the circle, redshirt junior Logan Paul (Shaker Heights, Ohio) owns a 4-2 record. Paul threw three innings in Wednesday's second game versus the Friars.
- Freshman pitcher Sarah McKeveny (Bohemia, N.Y.) leads Bryant with 43 strikeouts in 45 innings pitched. The first-year pitcher was named an NEC Prime Performer after taking a no-hitter into the sixth inning versus LIU Brooklyn last Saturday, earning the second win of her career.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENTS
- Sacred Heart is 20-14 on the season and own a 3-1 mark in NEC play. After dropping its first conference matchup to CCSU, the Pioneers have rattled off three-straight conference wins.
- Stephanie Mangiameli leads the Pioneers with a .302 average at the plate, while Lauren Delgadillo is batting .274 with four home runs, six doubles and 15 RBI.
- Kristen McCann leads Sacred Heart with a 9-8 record in the circle. The junior has struck out 124 batters in 116 innings.
- Sacred Heart is coached by Elizbeth Luckie and Pam London. Both coaches are in their 30th season with the program.
- Central Connecticut enters the weekend with a 14-22 record and a 5-3 mark in NEC play. The Blue Devils went 3-1 last weekend versus LIU Brooklyn and Wagner, before dropping three-consecutive midweek games to Holy Cross and Boston University.
- Brittany Camara leads CCSU with a .320 average and 25 runs scored. The senior also has six doubles, two triples and a home run to her stat line.
- Sydney Bolan leads the team with six home runs on the season and is batting .312 at the plate. Bolan has won three-straight NEC Rookie of the Week awards heading into the weekend.
- In the circle, Emily Sargent has seen the bulk of the responsibilities for the Blue Devils. Owning a 7-10 record with a 2.91 ERA, Sargent has pitched 134.2 innings this season.
- CCSU is coached by Breanne Gleason, who is in her fifth season in New Britain. She won a league title in 2015.