SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University softball team wraps up its regular season with a Saturday doubleheader at Conaty Park against Central Connecticut.
Bryant will be playing to keep its season alive, as two wins would qualify the Black and Gold for the Northeast Conference Tournament.
Opponent: Central Connecticut
Location: Conaty Park (Smithfield, R.I.)
Time: 1:00 p.m. (DH)
Series History with Central Connecticut
- CCSU leads the series, 9-8.
- Bryant and CCSU split their doubleheader last year, while the Bulldogs were able to sweep the Blue Devils in 2016 on their way to clinching a spot in the league tournament.
Bulldog Notes and Notables
- The Bulldogs enter the final two games of the year with an overall record of 13-30 and a 6-8 mark in NEC games.
- Junior Jessica Gradillas (Nogales, Ariz.) leads the team with 22 RBI and has picked up six doubles and a team-leading four home runs.
- Senior Rachel Monroe (Southwick, Mass.) enters the final two NEC games of the year with a .349 average against league opponents. She has driven in 14 runs.
- Freshman Sarah McKeveny (Bohemia, N.Y.) is 2-1 with two complete games and a 3.04 ERA in NEC games.
Scouting the Blue Devils
- CCSU enters the weekend with an 18-27 record and a 9-5 mark in league games.
- The Blue Devils are hitting .267 as a team and have posted a team ERA of 3.63.
- Brittany Camara is hitting .329 with a team-high 50 hits and also has 25 RBI and 30 runs scored.
- Sydney Bolan has a team-high seven home runs.
- Emily Sargent has made 20 starts in the circle and is 8-11 with a 3.14 ERA and 16 complete games.