CONWAY, S.C. – The Bryant University softball team is set to meet with assistant coach, Briana Chiusano's Alma mater, Coastal Carolina, for a two-game series beginning tomorrow at 4 p.m. Before leaving South Carolina, the Bulldogs will also endure a doubleheader with No. 13 South Carolina. Monday's game against Coastal is brought to you by the Chiusano Family.
Date and Time: (Gm1) Monday, March 11 – 4 p.m. | (Gm2) Tuesday, March 12 – 1 p.m.
Opponent: Coastal Carolina
Location: St. John Stadium
Live Stats: Sidearm Stats
Date and Time: Tuesday, March 13 – 12 & 2:30 p.m.
Opponent: No. 13 South Carolina
Location: Carolina Softball Stadium at Beckham Field (Columbia, S.C.)
Live Stats: Stat Broadcast – Game 1 | Game 2
Watch: SEC Network+ - Game 1 | Game 2
- This week will mark the first time in history that Bryant has met with Coastal Carolina and USC.
SCOUTING THE CHANTICLEERS
- The Chanticleers post a 19-4 record, sweeping Georgia State in a three-game series to help improve to a six-game winning streak.
- Sophomore Courtney Dean leads the team with eight homeruns so far in the season ranking her 13th in the country. She recently helped the Chanticleers top Georgia State, 6-3, in game two of the series by hitting a two-run homerun in the third inning.
- As a team, Coastal Carolina is amongst the top 20 in the country for strikeout-to-walk ratio with 3.77. Ashley Guillette leads with 4.00 while Kaitlin Beasley-Polko posts a 3.86 ratio. The duo combines for 127 strikeouts.
- Kelley Green leads the Chanticleers in her tenth season as head coach.
SCOUTING THE GAMECOCKS
- The Gamecocks are currently 18-5 and are coming off a three-game losing streak after being swept by Kentucky.
- Jana Jones leads USC with a batting average of .441. Jones posts 26 hits in 59 at bats including six doubles, six homeruns and two triples. Her slugging percentage of .915 ranks her 17th in the country and fourth in the SEC.
- Dixie Raley and Karly Heath have you yet to tally a loss while in the circle as both pitchers post 5-0 records. Raley has struck out 43 batters in 43 innings pitched and has an era of 1.95.
- Beverly Smith is in her ninth season as head coach and is the second most winningest coach in USC softball history.
BULLDOGS NOTES AND NOTABLES
- The Bulldogs posted their first win of the season over the College of Charleston, 7-3, in the Charleston Invitational as Nick French posted his first win as head coach of the Bulldogs.
- Bryant's win over CofC also gave Sarah McKeveny (Bohemia, N.Y.) her first win of the season. McKeveny leads Bryant with 18 strikeouts.
- Freshman Toni Camarillo (Corona, Calif.) leads the Black and Gold with 11 hits and two doubles for a slugging percentage of .350.
- Dakota Bilodeau (Milford, N.H.) and Allison Tomaino (Monmouth Beach, N.J.) have tallied two stolen bases each.
- Junior Gabrielle Ermish (Pottstown, Pa.) ranks third in the Northeast Conference with an era of 1.88.
The Bulldogs make their way up north and make a stop in Maryland for the Maryland Invitational. Bryant opens the tournament with Drexel on March 15 at 10 a.m.