BOSTON – Senior Melissa Lodge (Hopkinton, Mass.) bested her own school record in the mile twice as the Bryant University track & field team competed in the ECAC/IC4A Championships this weekend at Boston University's Tennis & Track Complex.
COACH SWITZER'S COMMENTS:
"Ending the Indoor season with two new school records is an exciting feat, but also having Melissa score in the Mile is a huge accomplishment. We've had a great Indoor season, and I am excited about what the team can accomplish in just a few weeks during Outdoor."
TOP PERFORMERS (MEN)
- Freshman Chris Fasano (Lake Grove, N.Y.) threw for a distance of 14.85 meters in the shot put.
- Senior Ryan Poholek (North Attleboro, Mass.) finished the mile in a time of 4:17.69.
TOP PERFORMERS (WOMEN)
- Lodge bested her school record in the mile during qualifying, finishing the event in 4:52.54. She followed that up by breaking the record again in the finals, logging a time of 4:51.25. Lodge finished fifth overall and earned a medal at the ECAC Championships.
- Sophomore Jacklyn Sullivan (Plymouth, Mass.) ran the 800-meter in a time of 2:12.17, faster than the time she qualified with and topped her own school record in the event.
- Both Lodge and Sullivan set personal and Bryant bests over the weekend.
- Lodge's fifth-place finish is the highest ever at the ECAC Championships by a Bryant athlete.
The Bulldogs are next in action on March 31 when the team officially begins the outdoor season with the Black and Gold Invitational.