NORTH EASTON, MASS. – In its final tune-up before the Northeast Conference Championships, the Bryant University track and field team competed at the Skyhawk invite held at Stonehill College on Saturday.
COACH SWITZER'S COMMENTS
"This was a great showing for our final tune-up before NECs and a big improvement from last week. Chris, Ryan and Jacky really stood out this week and set a big tone going into next weekend. We had numerous PRs across the team and overall competed much better. We'll have a week to fine-tune and then it's onto The Mount for our Conference Championship."
TOP PERFORMERS (MEN)
- Freshmen Chris Fasano (Lake Grove, N.Y.) and Brett Cloutier (North Attleboro, Mass.) finished 1-2 the shot put event, with Fasano's best mark coming in his third throw at 15.91m and Cloutier throwing his final shot 14.04m.
- Senior Ryan Poholek (Attleboro, Mass.) finished 2nd in the 800m race, running in 1:51.99.
- Freshmen Anthony Holloway (Forked River, N.J.) and Ryan Dumont (Salem, Mass.) finished second and third in the Triple Jump. Holloway's final jump was 12.79m, while Dumont's final jump was 12.70m.
- Holloway joined junior Alec Binette (Glastonbury, Conn.), junior Evan Smith (Chester, Conn.) and junior Adam Winiarz (Norton, Mass.) in the 4x100 relay where the Bulldogs placed third with a time of 43.35.
- Sophomore Brian Murray (Westford, Mass.) placed third in the 200m, running the race in 22.80. Binette finished two spots behind him with a time of 22.84.
TOP PERFORMERS (WOMEN)
- Sophomore Emily Cluck (Johnson City, N.Y.) ran to a second-place finish in the 200m, finishing in 25.39 seconds.
- Senior Shirley Carrington (Dorchester, Mass.) recorded a pair of top-five finishes, placing fourth in the triple jump and fifth in the 100m. Carrington's triple jump was 11.28m, while her 100m time clocked in at 12.56.
- Sophomore Jacklyn Sullivan (Plymouth, Mass.) clocked in at 2:12.09 in the 800m, good for fourth.
- Junior Emily Perryman (Lebanon, N.H.) placed eighth in the 400m, finishing in 59.07 seconds.
- Overall, the men's team placed fourth with 95 points while the women finished tied for ninth with Stony Brook as each team compiled 26 points.
- Fasano's 15.91m throw in the shot put was good for an IC4A qualifier and is a new Bulldog program record.
- Poholek's time in the 800m is good for second all-time at Bryant, with the record being held by John Wilbur, who ran the race in 1:49.74 in 1986.
- Cloutier and Perryman both set new personal bests on Saturday.
- Sullivan's 2:12.09 in the 800m is a new school record, besting her own mark that she ran in 2017 (2:13.80).
- Carrington's triple jump distance of 11.28m is also a new school record.
Bryant heads to Mount St. Mary's for the Northeast Conference Outdoor Track and Field Championships next weekend. The two-day event begins Saturday and will conclude Sunday in Emmitsburg, Md.