PROVIDENCE, R.I. – Ten different Bulldogs entered the record books on Saturday during the first meet of the Bryant University track and field indoor season. The Bulldogs opened their season at the 33rd Annual Alden Invitational hosted by Brown.
COACH SWITZER COMMENTS
"I'm pleased with how the team opened up this past weekend. We still have a lot of pieces to put together, but it gave us a good baseline for where we're at and where we can go. Jason, Adam, and Julia stepped up and put together some great performances. The team has worked hard this fall and is poised to have a successful season. I'm looking forward to where we go from here."
MENS TOP PERFORMERS
- Sophomore Jacob Borgia (Westborough, Mass.) is now 7th all-time in the Bryant record books finishing the 60m with a time of 7.21.
- Adam Winiarz (Norton, Mass.) ran the 300m finishing fourth with a time of 35:99. His time places him second all-time at Bryant.
- Freshman Jason Dolan (Westford, Mass.) finished in first place for the mile with a time of 4:19.47. His performance helped him become a New England qualifier.
- After a successful cross-country season, senior Matt McGovern (Long Beach, N.Y.) finished the 3000m race in third place. He finished with a time of 8:54.35.
- Brett Cloutier (North Attleboro, Mass.) is now seventh all-time at Bryant in shotput as he threw 13.24m today finishing in ninth place.
WOMENS TOP PERFORMERS
- In her collegiate debut, freshman Nicole Xiarhos (Berlin, Conn.) enters the Bryant record book in two events. In the 60m, Xiarhos is now tied for eighth as she finished with a time of 8.29. The freshman is also fifth all-time in the 300m, finishing with a time of 44.20.
- Rebecca Reynolds also enters the record book for the 300m as she is now sixth all-time with a time of 44.29.
- Shileigh Martinez finished fifth in pole vault today and is now third all-time with 2.98m.
- Both Courtney Kelleher (Wrentham, Mass.) and Laura Ritzik enter the record books as Kelleher is now third all-time throwing 11.80m. Ritzik threw 9.78m and is now tenth all-time.
- Julia Ayres (Collegeville, Pa.) finished the 3000m with a time of 11:06.50 placing her in the six spot.
Bryant will resume after the holidays on January 13 for the Dartmouth Relays.