HANOVER, N.H. – Standout freshman, Jason Dolan (Westford, Mass.), was among seven different Bulldogs who broke through into Bryant's record book after competing in the Dartmouth Relays Sunday morning.
COACH SWITZER COMMENTS
"We had a decent start to our spring semester schedule. This meet taught us a lot about where our program is at right now and what we need to look for in the upcoming weeks. We didn't necessarily have anything great happen, but we didn't have anything terrible happen either. I think it was a really good starting point and I'm really looking forward to the upcoming weeks and how the team responds."
MENS TOP PERFORMERS
- In the 3,000m, Dolan finished the race with a time of 8:49.57 placing him seventh all-time at Bryant. The time was good for an 11th place finish.
- The 4x200 team of Adam Winiarz (Norton, Mass.), Andrew Canale (Lincroft, N.J.) , Alec Binette (Glastonbury, Conn.), and Brian Murray (Westford, Mass.) finished in third place at Dartmouth with a time of 1:31.51 as the team is now second all-time.
- William Bittrich (Duxbury, Mass.) beat his mile time from the Alden Invitational improving to a time of 4:30.44.
WOMENS TOP PERFORMERS
- Freshman Shileigh Martinez enters the record books with a 3.00m pole vault placing her third at Bryant.
- Both Laura Rizik and Victoria Whitham (Newton, Mass.) stood out in the weight throw event on Sunday. Rizik tallied 11.09m ranking her eighth at Bryant and Whitham threw 11.03m placing her ninth all-time at Bryant.
- Whitham also beat her time from last meet at the Alden Invitational in the 60m hurdles giving her a season-best time of 10.86.
Bryant competes in a two-day meet at the Bates Invitational beginning Friday, January 18 and concluding January 19.