LEWISTON, MAINE – The Bryant University indoor track and field team competed in the Bates Multi/Invitational over the weekend as the men compiled 61 points and the women tallied 33 in the two-day event.
COACH SWITZER COMMENTS
"I'm very pleased with how the team competed this past weekend. The attitude and way they approached the meet was a huge step in the right direction for the program. We walked into the meet with an expectation to just competed and walked away with numerous personal and season bests. There's a lot of fight and determination in the team this year and I'm excited to see where that takes us."
MENS TOP PERFORMERS
- Junior Chris Wrenn (Norton, Mass.) ran to a first place finish in the 600m with a time of 1:25.54 followed by Andrew Canale (Lincroft, N.J.) and William Bittrich (Duxbury, Mass.) who all entered Bryant's Top 10 record book. Canale finished in 1:26.07 placing him fourth all-time at Bryant while Bittrich finished with a time of 1:29.63 putting him in the seventh spot at Bryant.
- Freshman Jason Dolan (Westford, Mass.) qualified for the IC4A in the 800-meter event. Dolan completed the race with a time of 1:55.12, which is good for third in Bryant's Top 10.
- In the high jump event, junior Turner Davis (Westbrook, Conn.) leaped 1.80 meters tying him for the tenth spot all-time at Bryant.
- Brett Cloutier (North Attleboro, Mass.) broke his season-best in shot put throwing 13.32 meters placing him sixth all-time.
WOMENS TOP PERFORMERS
- Freshman Nicole Xiarho (Berlin, Conn.) posted two top times at Bates. First, Xiarhos broke her personal best in the 60m finishing with a time of 8.24 moving her up to eighth in the Bryant top 10. The rookie then ran the 200m with a time of 27.11 placing her ninth all-time at Bryant.
- The team of Julia Ayres (Collegeville, Pa.), Breann Campise (Tolland, Conn.), Ellie Goyette (Lowell, Mass.), and Sarah Freeman (Merrimac, Mass.) ran the 4x800 with a time of 10:53.11 ranking eighth in Bryant's top 10.
- In pole vault, Shileigh Martinez cleared 3.05m marking her third all-time.
- Camryn Wesoloskie (Manchester, Conn.) leaped to 4.81m in the long jump event tying her for ninth all-time at Bryant.
- Laura Rizik competed in the shot put even throwing a personal-best 10.72m. Rizik is now seventh all-time at Bryant.
Bryant takes the short trip to the Terrier Invitational in Boston, Mass. as the women compete on Friday, January 25 and the Men on Saturday, January 26. Both teams will also be competing in the Springfield Invitational on January 26.