STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – Junior Emily Cluck (Johnson City, N.Y.) took home a gold medal in the 400-meter as the Bryant University indoor track and field team completed the final day of the NEC Championship.
COACH SWITZER COMMENTS
"This weekend was a very positive step in the right direction for our program. Before the meet, we talked about teams that are successful, and how they show up and perform their best when the pressure is on. The team did that this weekend and then some. Emily winning the 400, and Courtney and Shileigh both scoring, were huge positives for the women. Having such a young and diverse crew in Jason, Andrew and Chris score in their respective finals really set the tone for the relays at the end of the day to step up. The drive and determination of the team this weekend really stood out, and I'm excited to see what this leads to for the outdoor season."
TEAM RESULTS (M)
- LIU Brooklyn – 127
- Saint Francis U – 122.5
- Wagner – 101.5
- Central Connecticut – 98
- Fairleigh Dickinson – 73
- Mount St. Mary's 70
- Sacred Heart – 33
- Bryant – 23
- St. Francis Brooklyn – 13
TEAM RESULTS (W)
- Mount St. Mary's – 138
- Fairleigh Dickinson – 105
- LIU Brooklyn – 98
- Sacred Heart – 67
- Central Connecticut – 63
- Robert Morris – 63
- Saint Francis U – 54
- Wagner – 51
- Bryant – 15
- St. Francis Brooklyn – 9
DAY TWO HIGHLIGHTS
- Cluck posted a 56.54 time in the 400-meter. The junior was the lone Bulldog to medal in an event.
- Freshman Julia Ayres (Collegeville, Pa.) posted a PR in the 3,000 and the 5,000-meter run. Ayres ran to a sixth place finish in the 5,000-meter with a time of 18:52.64. In the 3,000-meter she ran to an 11th place finish with a time of 10:53.67
- Courtney Kelleher (Wrentham, Mass.) finished eighth in the shot put event throwing a PR of 12.32 meters.
- Shileigh Martinez scored for the Black and Gold in the pole vault clearing 3.05 meters.
- In the long jump event, Camryn Wesoloskie (Manchester, Conn.) jumped 4.92 meters.
- For the men, Jordan Dagrin (Providence, R.I.) ran to a ninth place finish in the mile posting a PR of 4:20.9. Jason Dolan (Westford, Mass.) finished fifth in the mile with a time of 4:17.33
- Freshman Andrew Canale (Lincroft, N.J.) finished sixth in the 500-meter run with a time of 1:06.41.
- Christopher Wrenn (Norton, Mass.) and Dolan scored in the 800-meter. Dolan finished fifth with a time of 1:56:56 and Wrenn finished seventh with a time of 1:59.22.
- The men's 4x400 team of Brian Murray (Westford, Mass.), William Bittirch (Duxbury, Mass.), Joshua Pestana (Plymouth, Mass.), and Canale placed fifth with a time of 3:22.90. The team is now ninth all-time in Bryant's top-10 record book.
- David Lackard (Framingham, Mass.) set a personal record in the triple jump with 12.36 meters.
The Bulldogs head to the ECAC/IC4A Championships on March 2 in Boston, Mass. to conclude the indoor season.