SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University outdoor track and field team kicks off its season this weekend at Charleston Southern University for the Jim Settle Spring Break Invitational.
Date: Saturday, March 16 - March 17
Meet: Jim Settle Spring Break Invitational
Location: Charleston Southern University – Bagwell-Settle Track (Charleston, S.C.)
Schedule of Events: CSU
Live Results: Timing Inc.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- Adam Winiarz (Norton, Mass.) and Josh Pestana (Plymouth, Mass.) are set to compete in the 100-meter dash for the men while Rebecca Reynolds competes in 100m on the women's side.
- Junior Emily Cluck (Johnson City, N.Y.) is back after winning a gold medal at the NEC Championship. Cluck will run alongside freshmen Nicole Xiarhos (Berlin, Conn.) and Ana Lucas (Wakefield, Mass.) in the 200-meter.
- Jason Dolan (Westford, Mass.), Jordan Dagrin (North Kingstown, R.I.), Andrew Canale (Lincroft, N.J.) and Brian Salit (Seekonk, Mass.) enter spring break after breaking the program record in the distance medley relay. Dolan and Dagrin will be competing in the 1500 while Canale will run in the 200m.
- For field events, Shileigh Martinez, Nicholas Curci and Jacob Borgia (Westborough, Mass.) will represent the Black and Gold in the pole vault event.
- Sophomore Amanda Whitham (Newtown, Mass.) and Camryn Wesoloskie (Manchester, Conn.) are set for long jump.
- Megan Parker (Middletown, Conn.) makes her outdoor track and field debut in the hammer throw.
- Brett Cloutier (North Attleboro, Mass.) and Courtney Kelleher (Wrentham, Mass.) will be competing in shotput.
- The men will also have a 4x400 relay team along with a 4x100 relay team on the women's side.
When the Bulldogs return to Smithfield, they will host their annual Black and Gold Invitational beginning on March 29 and concluding on the 30th.