AMHERST, Mass. – The Bryant University outdoor track and field team endured a solid weekend at the UMass Invitational over the weekend. The men's team finished in the eight spot while the women placed 10th.
COACH SWITZER COMMENTS
"We had a solid weakened as a team at UMass. We were fortunate to have a second meet with nice weather for most of the day and the team responded well. Ellie, Julia and Breann had great PRs for the women, and on the men's side the 4x1 relay really kicked the meet off well with a number 7 all-time mark. The Ocean State Invite is this weekend and should be a good midpoint check in for us as a team."
TEAM SCORES (W)
- UMass Amherst – 183
- Dartmouth – 144.5
- Rhode Island – 106
- Brown – 103
- Vermont – 54
- Northeastern – 49.5
- WPI – 26.5
- Hartford – 23.5
- UNAT-UMass Amherst – 21
- Bryant - 11
TEAM SCORES (M)
- UMass Amerst – 226.33
- Dartmouth – 124
- Brown – 103.83
- Northeastern – 90
- WPI – 59.33
- Hartford – 50.5
- Vermont – 40
- Bryant – 30.5
- UNAT-UMass Amherst – 16.5
WOMEN'S TOP PERFORMERS
- Freshman Nicole Xiarhos (Berlin, Conn.) set a new PRin the 100-meter, posting a time of 12.99. Xiarhos's time was good for a 12th-place finish.
- In the 200-meter, two Bulldogs set new personal-bests. Sophomore Ellie Goyette (Lowell, Mass.) posted a time of 2:31.38 while Julia Ayres (Collegeville, Pa.) set a new PR of 2:34.57.
- Ayres continued to break PRs in the 1,500-meter as well, finishing with a time of 5:07.92.
- Junior Breann Campise (Tolland, Conn.) is now fourth all-time in the 3,000-meter steeplechase. Campise finished second overall with a new PR of 12:34.39.
- Sophomore Courtney Kelleher (Wrentham, Mass.) scored for Bryant in the shot put event. Kelleher threw 12.16 meters and finished sixth overall.
MEN'S TOP PERFORMERS
- Senior Alec Binette (Glastonbury, Conn.) is now tied for ninth all-time at Bryant in the 200-meter, setting a new PR of 22.47. In that same event, freshman Andrew Canale (Lincroft, N.J.) finished fourth overall with a time of 22.22.
- In the 1,500-meter, junior Noah Tellier (North Kingstown, R.I.) broke his personal best with a time of 4:05.16. He was the top Bryant finisher in the event finishing 18th overall. Freshman Ian Carpenter (Bethany, Conn.) also posted a personal-best with a time of 4:14.04.
- Freshman Bodie Avery (Fairlee, Vt.) finished among the top-10 at UMass in the 5,000-meter. Bodie posted a new PR of 16:07.62 and finished ninth.
- The 4x100 team of Josh Pestana (Plymouth, Mass.), Brian Murray (Westford, Mass.), Binette and Canale are now seventh all-time at Bryant. The team finished fifth overall with a time of 42.67.
- Jacob Borgia (Westnorough, Mass.) and Nicholas Curci finished fifth and sixth in the pole vault event to score for the Bulldogs. Borgia cleared 4.25 meters while Curci leaped 4.10 meters.
- Sophomore Brett Cloutier (North Attleboro, Mass.) added points for the Black and Gold with a sixth place finish in shotput. Cloutier threw for 13.61 meters.
Bryant is set to compete in a two-day Ocean State Invitational in Providence, R.I. beginning this Friday, April 12 at both Brown and Providence College.