SMITHFIELD, R.I. – Three program records were broken over the weekend at both NEICAAA and ECAC/IC4A Championships as the Bryant University outdoor track and field team concluded the 2019 season.
COACH SWITZER'S COMMENTS
"We ended the year on a high note," said head coach Mitch Switzer. "To walk away with three program records and a few PRs after an already successful season is a true testament to the drive and determination the team had this year. This year was a big step in the right direction for the program, especially with how young we are, and our sights are going to be set even higher next season."
TOP MEN PERFORMERS
- William Bittrich (Duxbury, Mass.) broke the program record at the IC4A Championship in the 1500-meter run. The rookie posted a record-breaking time of 3:55.19 placing him 23rd overall at the meet. Milan Duka held the previous record of 3:55.44 in 2016.
- Freshman Jason Dolan (Westford, Mass.) led the Bulldogs in the 800-meter posting a PR of 1:52.33 for a 19th-place finish at IC4A's. Junior Christopher Wrenn (Norton, Mass.) ran alongside Dolan finishing 39th with a time of 1:55.27.
- The 4x400 relay team of Brian Murray (Westford, Mass.), Adam Winiarz (Norton, Mass.), Alec Binette (Glastonbury, Conn.), and Andrew Canale (Lincfort, N.J.) capped of IC4A's finishing among the top-10 with a time of 3:29.50.
- At the NEICAAA Championship, sophomore Chris Fasano (Lake Grove, N.Y.) broke two program records in both shot put and discus. In shot put, Fasano broke his own record with a mark of 16.15m for a fifth-place finish. In the discus event, Fasano finished in the top three with a 47.84m mark. Bryant's discus record was last set by Brian Sullivan in 2014.
- The Bulldogs continued to have success in the shot put event as Sophomore Brett Cloutier (North Attleboro, Mass.) set a new personal-best with a 15.05m mark finishing 12th overall.
- Sophomore Nick Alessandro (Pomfret Center, Conn.) also set a new PR in javelin while competing at New Englands. The Connecticut native finished 14th throwing 54.97 meters.
TOP WOMEN PERFORMERS