SMITHFIELD, R.I. – For the second time in three games, the Bryant University women's soccer teams brings a Constitution State foe to Smithfield, R.I. as they welcome Fairfield for a Thursday matchup.
Time: 3 p.m.
Location: Bulldog Soccer Field | Smithfield, R.I.
Live Stream: NEC Front Row
Live Stats: Presto Sports
The teams have split the previous four meetings, with Bryant taking the last two. Junior Jaden McCarthy (Smithfield, R.I.) scored off a corner kick in the last game between the two, leading Bryant to a 1-0 win over the Stags in 2016.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- The Black and Gold is coming off a come-from-behind win over Rhode Island on Thursday, when senior Cayla D'Amico (Grafton, Mass.) scored in the 87th minute to give the Bulldogs a 2-1 win.
- Freshman Lexi Kraemer (Forest Hill, Md.) scored the tying goal in the 35th minute and earned Northeast Conference Rookie of the Week honors, as announced yesterday.
- Sophomore Meghan Dalton (West Hartford, Conn.) made nine saves last week, including seven in the games with Rhode Island.
- After missing the opener against Quinnipiac, 2017 First Team All-NEC honoree Jamie Irwin (Succasunna, N.J.) made her return to the Starting XI to bolster the defense on Thursday afternoon.
- Bryant is in the midst of a four-game homestand to start the 2018 season, their longest stretch in Smithfield since 2011.
- Dating back to the beginning of 2017, the Bulldogs are unbeaten in nine of their last 11 home matches.
A bit about the Stags
- After winning the first three games of 2018, Fairfield lost their first game of the year 4-1 at the hands of NJIT on Sunday afternoon.
- In two games against NEC foes this season, Fairfield has outscored the opposition 5-1, with a 1-0 victory against LIU Brooklyn and a 4-1 home win over Wagner.
- Alex Madden had a hat trick in the win over Wagner, putting her atop the team leaderboard with six points. Hanley Courter has a goal and assist to her name early in the year.
- Aytana Muschajew has started all four games in net for Fairfield, recording a 1.32 goals-against average and .792 save percentage.