SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University women's soccer team will look for its third consecutive win on Sunday afternoon when they play host to Maine at 1 p.m.
Time: 1 p.m.
Location: Bulldog Soccer Field | Smithfield, R.I.
Live Stream: NEC Front Row
Live Stats: Presto Sports
Seven matches between the Bulldogs and Black Bears have been split evenly, with three wins to each side and one draw. Junior Marissa Grasso (Shelton, Conn.) scored the winner in last year's meeting in the 78th minute to give Bryant a 2-1, come-from-behind victory.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- The Bulldogs are coming off a 2-1 win against Fairfield on Thursday afternoon. Senior Cayla D'Amico scored the tying goal off a corner kick in the 82nd minute and junior Remi Manna (Pleasantville, N.Y.) won the match three minutes later with a goal off a cross from D'Amico.
- In three matches this season, D'Amico (5) has already matched her point output from a season ago with two goals and an assist.
- Senior Alex Ralph (Peterborough, Ontario) recorded the first point since her freshman year with an assist on the Manna goal.
- Sophomore Meghan Dalton (West Hartford, Conn.) has started to find her form in net, with 10 saves on 12 shots on goal in her last two matches.
- Grasso and sophomore Amanda Spitaleri (Ronkonkoma, N.Y.) made their first appearances of the 2018 season on Thursday and are in line to see more action on Sunday.
- The Bulldogs are unbeaten in 10 of their last 12 home games.
A bit about the Black Bears
- Maine is looking for their first win of the season after a 0-2-1 start to the season.
- This is the first of a pair of games in the area for Maine, as they take a trip to Harvard on Wednesday.
- They started the season with a 2-0 loss at Massachusetts, then a loss and a draw came in Vermont's annual TD Bank Classic.
- A pair of Ontario natives lead the Black Bears offensively, with Priscilla Domingo atop the team leaderboard with three points and Nicole Bailey with two points of her own.
- Junior Annalena Kriebisch has played all 298 minutes in net for Maine, recording a 1.51 goals-against average and .750 save percentage.