SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Bryant University women's soccer team plays its second game in Massachusetts in as many tries as they head to Lowell for a Sunday afternoon matchup with the River Hawks.
Opponent: UMass Lowell
Time: 4 p.m.
Location: Cushing Field | Lowell, Mass.
Live Stream: AmericaEast.TV
Live Stats: Sidearm Stats
The teams have played three times in the Division I era, with UMass Lowell taking two of the three meetings. The programs drew last season. Overall, the series is 7-6-1 in favor of the Bulldogs in a series that dates back to 1995.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- The Black and Gold are coming off their first road win of 2018, a 2-0 victory over Holy Cross on Thursday night in Worcester, Mass.
- Senior Cayla D'Amico (Grafton, Mass.) scored her third goal in four games, while freshman Corinne Rey (Norton, Mass.) scored her first collegiate goal late in the first half.
- After entering the season with seven career points, D'Amico has already reached that number in the first five games of 2018, with an assist to go along with her three goals. She enters the weekend second in the conference in points per game and third in goals per game.
- Freshman Lexi Kraemer (Forest Hill, Md.) is the only other Bulldog with multiple goals, as she has two in four appearances in the Black and Gold.
- Through five games, nine different players have recorded points on the season.
- Sophomore Meghan Dalton (West Hartford, Conn.) is coming off her first-career solo clean sheet, making six saves in the match with the Crusaders. She enters the match with a 1.80 goals-against average and .710 save percentage.
A bit about the River Hawks
- In the first of this two-game homestand for Lowell, Quinnipiac bested the River Hawks in a double-overtime goalfest, 4-3.
- Rachel Morrier scored twice, including on a penalty kick with 13 seconds left to send the game to extra time. She has four goals on the year which leads the team.
- Emily Nelson has chipped in three goals and Kristin Birgisdottir has a pair to her name.
- In net, Julia Schneider has started five of UMass Lowell's seven matches, recording 401 minutes between the posts. She has allowed a 2.47 goals-against average and recorded a .593 save percentage.