SMITHFIELD, R.I. – In its first full weekend of Northeast Conference action, the Bryant University women's soccer team will head to Staten Island on Friday night to take on Wagner, before returning to Smithfield on Sunday for its first home game in nearly a month, taking on Saint Francis U.
Sunday is Bulldog Youth Academy Reunion Day, as the Bryant soccer programs are welcoming back members of the 2018 edition of the annual summer camp.
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Hameline Field | Staten Island, N.Y.
Live Stream: NEC Front Row
Live Stats: Sidearm Stats
Bryant has won six times in the 10 matchups between the squads, all since 2008. The Bulldogs are unbeaten in the last four, including a 2-0 victory a season ago that saw Remi Manna (Pleasantville, N.Y.) and Amanda Spitaleri (Ronkonkoma, N.Y.) score goals.
A bit about the Seahawks
- Wagner enters the weekend 1-8 on the 2018 season, dropping their Northeast Conference opener 2-1 at the hands of Robert Morris.
- Maria Nunez leads the squad with two goals on the season, including a goal 46 seconds into their NEC match with the Colonials.
- Peyton Beck and Le'la Allen have also put the ball in the back of the net for Wagner.
- Katie Viscardi has played in eight matches for the Seahawks, totaling 679 minutes between the posts. She has compiled a 2.25 goals-against average and .685 save percentage.
Opponent: Saint Francis U
Location: Bulldog Soccer Field | Smithfield, R.I.
Live Stream: NEC Front Row
Live Stats: Presto Sports
The Red Flash have won seven of the nine meetings between the schools in a series dating back to 2009. Saint Francis won last year's meeting 2-1 in Loretto, Pa.
A bit about the Red Flash
- Saint Francis U opened their conference slate with a 1-0 overtime victory over LIU Brooklyn on Friday afternoon.
- The team's leading scorer, Alyssa McGhee, scored the golden goal to lift SFU to 3-6-2 on the season. She has tallied nine points on the year, with three goals and three assists.
- Sara Suler and Mariana Jaleca are second on the team leaderboard with four points each.
- Between the posts, Julia Hernan has made ten starts for the Red Flash, recording a 1.06 goals-against average and .841 save percentage.
Bulldogs Notes and Notables
- The Bulldogs have won back to back matches entering the weekend, with victories over Vermont and Sacred Heart. Both were one-goal decisions to improve the Bulldogs' record to 5-4 in 2018.
- Sophomore Amanda Spitaleri (Ronkonkoma, N.Y.) and freshman Corinne Rey (Norton, Mass.) scored in Bryant's 2-1 win over the Pioneers. Spitaleri's goal was the second game-winner in as many matches for the Long Islander, while Rey's goal was the second of her career.
- Rey followed that up with her second Northeast Conference Rookie of the Week, the league announced on Tuesday. Her and Lexi Kraemer (Forest Hill, Md.) have combined for four goals on the season, leading to three weekly honors between them.
- Senior Cayla D'Amico (Grafton, Mass.) leads the way with eight points on the season and is one of ten players who have recorded a point for the Black and Gold this season.
- Sophomore Meghan Dalton (West Hartford, Conn.) has made 11 saves in her last three starts, recording a 0.66 goals-against average in the process.